Week 4: Free Choice

This week I am supposed to write a free choice blog post. I will be writing about 5 random facts. I didn’t really have anything to write about so I just chose to write about 5 random facts. Anyway… here’s some random facts:

1. An aglet is the hard part made of rubber or metal that is at the end of your shoelaces.
  2. A bolt of lightning has enough energy to toast up to 100,000 pieces of bread

3. Bottled water expiration dates are for the bottle, not the water.

4. The man who invented the Frisbee was turned into a Frisbee when he died.

5.  There’s a bridge exclusively for squirrels called “Nutty Narrows” in the Netherlands.

Thanks for reading my blog post. I got all my sources from this link, https://bestlifeonline.com/crazy-random-facts/, you can copy and paste and look at all the other weird facts I found. I think that my favorite fact is the #4. It’s really strange, but interesting. I actually knew #1 even before I got this challenge. Anyway, thanks to everybody who read my blog.

5 thoughts on “Week 4: Free Choice

1. Wow – I started reading your post and thought, “random facts, OK, that could be interesting”. But it was SUPER interesting! I didn’t know these things and they are all really intriguing. I am now a smidgen smarter than I was 10 minutes ago, all thanks to you.

Now I am imagining a field full of pieces of bread during a storm (how did they get there… um, a trailer truck overturned and spilled the load of bread) and the field gets hit by lightning and they all POP up as instant toast! How cool would that be as a scene in a children’s story?!

So, that is my challenge for you… could you write a short story that incorporates all your random facts?

MrsDi
    HS Tech Integrator (NH-USA)

1. Once upon a time, there was a squirrel named Sheldon who was not like the other squirrels. None of the other squirrels would let him go on Nutty Narrows. The squirrel bridge. But one day, the evil toast, Sir Toast-a-lot, decided to turn everybody into toast with his toast minions. But Sheldon knew how to stop him. He brought Sir Toast-a-lot to a field and he was struck by lightning. It toasted him and all 99,999 of his minions. Unfortunately, it also toasted the inventor of the Frisbee and he died. Later, he was then turned into a Frisbee by his family. Everybody congratulated Sheldon. He was given shoes and a plastic water bottle. But he kept on stepping on his aglets on his shoes. And his water bottle expired. But, in the end, it didn’t matter. Because he was finally invited to the bridge.

Thank you for reading my blog!

2. That. Was. Amazing.

This was easily the best thing in my inbox this week! I am obsessed with this story and now want to see it illustrated.

I love that you took up my challenge and created this story! Super cool. You even managed to get the aglets into it!

Mrs Di